Back-End Engineer Ruby - Room Squad
Livestorm is the all-in-one video communication platform for companies looking to implement a powerful video communication strategy.
Founded in 2016, Livestorm enables companies to promote, host and analyze their online events. We’re building the future of unified video communication: an all-in-one video communication platform that connects to your tools and lives in your browser. Livestorm is a browser-based platform that doesn’t require a download, or setup. You can use Livestorm for on-demand, live, or pre-recorded meetings or events.
Livestorm has been built with ease-of-use in mind.
We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune500. Front, Honda, Intercom or Spendesk trust Livestorm to organize their meetings, webinars or online events.
Here are our core values:
- Stay curious: Be interested in the world around you.
- Remain humble: Keep learning and keep your ego in check.
- Be resourceful: Go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
- Own it: Take pride in what you do, own your wins, and fails.
- Be transparent: Sharing knowledge, learnings, feedback, and mistakes.
What is the "Room"? That's a first good question to ask! The Room is everything you can see from the moment you enter a Livestorm virtual event.
Our squad is the one working to build the best video conference experience you can have with online events!
- We want customers to feel confident when they're joining an event by making sure they won't have any audio / video issues.
- We want customers to be able to manage and moderate what's happening during their event.
- We want customers to be able to properly communicate with their audience through features like chat, questions, polls and others.
And more importantly, we make sure our customers aren't experimenting issues while talking with their own audience.
As part of the Room Squad, you'll be able to work on a product you will use on a daily basis!
While Livestorm has headquarters in Paris, we are a remote-first company. As a matter of fact, Stormies are located between France, Germany, Greece, Mauritius, Spain, USA,... so we are looking for the best talent, no matter where you live.
In this role, you will be responsible of:
- Working closely with the Product Manager and Designer to build new features
- Working with Front-End engineers to design elegant APIs through Websockets and REST/GraphQL
- Contributing to architectural and design decisions around our real-time architecture
- Monitoring the production to try to prevent any issue that could impact our customer experience
Backend: Ruby 2.7.1 (soon Ruby 3), Rails 6, NodeJS 12.20.1, Apollo Server
- Datastores: PostgreSQL / Redis
- Websockets: Anycable
- Frontend: Vue.js
- More on Stackshare 👉 https://stackshare.io/livestorm
For this Backend Engineer - Room Squad role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- You've got more than 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- You are product oriented.
- You are passionate about Ruby (and Rails).
- You have strong skills in SQL (mostly through PostgreSQL).
- You dealt with workers and idempotency patterns (e.g Sidekiq).
- You have experience in building and maintaining HTTP APIs.
- Ideally you have already dealt with web-sockets or real-time applications.
- You are autonomous and own your topics.
- You're rigorous with tests and quality.
- You like full-stack problematics and aren't afraid to look / debug Frontend code if needed.
- You are interested by service oriented architectures.
- You are curious about GraphQL.
- You could be interested to work on our other technology NodeJS and Apollo.
- You are pragmatic.
- You want to work with people from all over the globe (USA, Turkey, Belgium, France).
- You can speak / write in English (French is a plus).
Moreover, we are looking for someone who can work in the Paris timezone (we accept a time difference of 2 hours maximum).
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
What it is like to join Livestorm and the Stormies:
🗺 Work from anywhere you want:
- 🏡 Home (participation for equipment and costs, according to our expense policy)
- 🏢 Paris office (snacks, drinks, afterworks...)
- 💼 Coworking space (covered up to €300 including VAT per month, or local currency equivalent)
- 🚉 Business trips are covered (according to our internal T&E policies)
- 🚲 Sustainable mobility package for daily trips to go to work
🎉 Cheer up your Stormie life:
- 🎿 Off-sites twice a year
- 🕹 Weekly activities (online board games, riddles...)
- 👐 Teambuildings
- 🗣 Monthly Talking times
💙 Take care of yourself (with Moka.care)
🤝 Participate to our referral program
👶 Livestorm signed the "Parental act"
And also, benefit from:
🌍 All legal and mandatory benefits from your work country for EOR contracts.
🇫🇷 All French legal benefits for French contracts: €9 of lunch vouchers with Swile (covered at 50%), health insurance with Alan (covered at 50%), transport subscription to go to work (covered at 50%), and CSE with cultural & sport activities via Leeto.