Following our recent growth, we are structuring our Product team with a new Product Manager to manage our product development cycle.
This role would help accelerate the development of our product by structuring its operations while allowing the CPO to work on the strategy and product vision.
You will handle all the regular PM activities (understanding of business and technical needs, roadmap creation, delivery management, etc.).
Understand your users pain points and needs through qualitative research (assisted by our user research department) or quantitative data (NPS results)
Analyze your product usage through our analytical tools stack to understand what drives usage and conversion
Build and nurture your product vision with the Head of product, based on the data you gathered (from users, your team, data analysis, competitors, user research…)
Turn that into a strategy and a well-thought roadmap: you will make sure that we’re building the right features
Make sure your team understands and embraces it through your engaging communication
- Work closely with Product Designers and engineers to come up with the best solution to address your users' pain points
- You will also make sure that we’re building the feature right
- Turn your roadmap into a backlog of user stories.
- Organize and prioritize everything with the Head of Product and explain the rationale behind it to all partners, stakeholders and your team
- Ensure that all products shipped by your team are bug-free (with the QA team’s help).
- Test hypothesis and ideas on the field
- Analyse features performance through A/B testing, behavior data, etc.
- Generate insights about your product (with user researchers’ help)
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Key role in a fast-growing startup with a small team
- Health insurances ("Mutuelle" + "Prévoyance") in France
- Tickets Restaurants (21 x 9 euros / month)
- 50% of Transport Pass in Paris is paid
- Free food delivery at HQ
- We offer state of the art hardware
- We offer equity packages
- You have been a Product Manager for 2 or 3 years in a B2B SAAS
- You are a product lover with deep understanding of how to create the best user experience
- You have an engineering mindset and/or an Engineering degree. You thrive in a startup environment growing (fast).
- You handle ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized, prioritized and structured way
You have excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem. You are passionate about it.
We often say about you that you’re an analytical and “user-centric” person.
You believe that data should help drive your product strategy.
You have great communication skills (both written and oral)
You are fluent in English